Logo crafting is a long process that starts from inspiration, meets execution and ends at a particular brand identity in the minds of audiences and customers.
The Basic Logo Designing Process
1- Preparing A Creative As Well Strategic Brief
Ask the most necessary questions from the client and prepare a client brief. This logo designing tip is also included in logo designing principles.
2- Research Till You Find Nothing Extra
Conduct two level researches. Research the customer needs on available products in the market. Research the strategies of similar line products in the market.
3- Sketch As Much As You Can
No matter if it takes a week or two or even more, sketch your logo as much as you can. However; don’t forget to keep them safely in the drawer. You are going to select one from them as final logo.
4- Digitalize It
Create vectors of your logo on the computer. Digital representation in a custom logo design is more important than a sketched logo.
5- Prepare The Typeface For Your Logo
Preparing a custom typeface is ideal to add uniqueness to your logo. However; if you want to highlight your design more, then you may choose one from the available typefaces.
20 Useful Tips for How to Make A Basic Logo Design Vital
- Research cultural as well as geographical requirements and trends and incorporate them in your logo.
- Focus more on professional needs than on client’s dictation. Your client is not professional and expert in designing and branding after all.
- Try digital and smart vectors to create the components of your logo.
- Use one or two colors in a logo.
- Edit language mistakes.
- Edit spaces. Put spaces where needed, otherwise; make it spacious and simpler.
- Make it active. Add movements in animal or bird logos.
- Keep it clean.
- Use colors and designs that suit white and black background both.
- Subtract, cut and edit. Then, subtract again, cut again and edit again. Make it as simple as possible.
- Keep a locked sketch in your system.
- Experiment your logo for color, designs, vectors, backgrounds, forums, media and on everything related to it.
- Double check it for responsiveness.
- Produce more than three sizes of a design.
- Unlock it for time. Futuristic logos are always everlasting.
- Make it non-controversial. Check it for obscenity.
- Test it on local and international market.
- Create a style guide for client’s convenience.
- Show color options in your final logo.
- Explain where your logo should not be used.