Gulab Jamun is a traditional and popular sweet in Pakistan which is served on important celebrations and festivals. Many Pakistani chefs have experimented with this delectable sweet dish and transformed it into puddings and cakes.
Gulab Jamun cakes are among the best cakes in Islamabad. Here are the recipes for the basic Gulab Jamun and its cake versions- the Gulab Jamun cake and the Gulab Jamun cheese cake.
- Sugar- 2 and a half cup
- Water-1 cup
- Cardamom powder-1 teaspoon
- All purpose flour-3/4 cup
- Dry milk-2 and a half cups
- Baking powder-1 tsp
- Heavy cream-1/2 pint
Method is as follows:
- Combine sugar and water in a vessel. Boil while stirring continuously ( to avoid clumping of sugar, so that it does turn out right)
- Do not cook excessively and stop on complete dissolving of sugar
- Mix all dry ingredients in a big bowl and mix totally by rolling into 1 inch balls
- Fry balls in low to medium heat till they are golden brown.
- Remove from pan and place inside sugar syrup.
- Serve either cool or warm.
GULAB JAMUN CAKE:
- Vanilla sponge cake ( 9×9 inches)
- Gulab Jamuns-around 25.
- Whipped cream-as needed
- Gulab Jamun syrup-1 cup
- Cardamom powder- 1 pinch
- Saffron-1 pinch
- Cut sponge cake into 2 halves, horizontally.
- To the warm gulab jamun syrup, add cardamom powder and saffron. Set it aside.
- Slice around 10 gulab jamuns and keep in fridge
- Soak both portions of cake in the syrup. Place one layer in a plate.
- Spread on cake layer the whipped cream and top with gulab jamun slices.
- Cover this layer with the other layer of cake. Frost it with the whipped cream.
- Top this cake with gulab jamuns decorating it with remaining cream.
- Cool in fridge and serve.
GULAB JAMUN CHEESE CAKE
- Fresh whipped cream-250 gm
- Gulab jamuns-25
- Biscuits-10 to 15
- Powdered sugar-75 gm
- Rose water-2 tablespoon
- Cream cheese –half cup
- Agar agar dissolve din water: 3 tbsp
- Vanilla essence-1 tsp
- Cardamom powder-1/2 tsp
- Sugar-one and a half tbsp
- For garnish-chocolate
- Cook a mix of rose water and agar agar in a vessel.
- Mix powdered sugar and whipped cream in a bowl.
- In a bowl beat cream cheese till smooth.
- Add agar agar solution to cream cheese and mix
- Fold in whipped cream mix.
- Empty half of this mix in a greased tin.
- Top with a layer of gulab jamuns.
- On top, pour remaining layer of cream mix.
- Level the surface and refrigerate for three hours
- Garnish with gulab jamuns and chocolate curls.
These are the top recipes of transforming gulab jamuns into delectable cakes and cheesecakes. If you learn the expertise of making these, you can even supply them to cake shops in Islamabad. These are sure to sell like hot cakes, literally.