Are you looking for a comfortable and flexible mattress? If yes, then you must choose latex mattress. There are a number of quality aspects that you need to consider while buying such a mattress. So, it is a good idea to go through the mattress buying guide mentioned here before you actually buy one. It will help you choose the best quality mattress. The guide will help you make an informed decision about buying mattress.
Types of Latex Mattress to Choose From
- Natural: Natural latex is obtained directly from the Latex tree. Thus, it is an eco-friendly product to use. Mattresses that are made from 100% natural latex are highly durable and firm. Natural latex produces foams that are highly supportive and resilient. However, natural latex is expensive and you may have to shell out more as compared to buying synthetic latex. In addition to being organic natural latex is also resistant to dust mites and has anti-mold properties. If you are looking for a chemical-free option, you must choose natural latex for mattresses.
- Synthetic: Synthetic latex is a man-made material. If you are not willing to spend on 100% natural latex, you can choose synthetic latex as an alternative for natural latex. Synthetic latex contains petroleum-based products and is also blended with polyurethane. However, it is more consistent and high on firmness. If you are looking for cheap foam for your mattress, synthetic latex could be a good choice. However, it is less durable than natural latex.
- Blended: Often time’s people choose to opt for mattresses with blended foam. There are different proportions of both synthetic and natural latex being used in the blended mattresses. As these are mixed, these mattresses show properties of both the natural and synthetic latex. The price of blended mattress is also somewhere between natural and synthetic latex.
Things to check while choosing Latex Mattress
- You must consider the flammability of the mattress while buying. The product you buy should meet federal flammability guidelines. This will ensure that your home is less prone to damage if there is an accidental fire.
- You must consider the quality and type of material being used for mattress. It is very important to enquire about the type of material that you are paying for. You need to know whether you are spending money on natural, blended, or synthetic latex. You must make an informed decision when it comes to choosing mattresses.
- Consider the manufacturing process of the latex mattress you are buying. Ask whether the mattress has been made by the Dunlop or Talalay manufacturing process. Generally, a mattress manufactured with Dunlop manufacturing process is less expensive that a mattress manufactured with the Talalay method.
- Consider the design of the mattress while choosing. Always opt for simple designs with fewer cuts and layers. Simplistic designs mean that the mattress will be more comfortable to sleep on. So, choose carefully.
- If you are planning to customize your mattress, make sure to provide all specifications to the manufacturer. This will help them to create the exact mattress for you.
- Consider the cover of the mattress. You can make a choice between materials like cotton, synthetic, and wool blends. The covering should not be quilted or too thick.
Buying from a Reputed Company Matters
Before choosing a company to buy mattresses, you also need to check their reputation. It is advised not to buy from local or less reliable companies. Most good companies have websites from where you can get all information you want about the company and the products. Choose a customer-centric company that cares about customer satisfaction. You also need to choose a company that offers reasonable rates. Catch more information on latex mattress, here you’ll choice to invest in a bed that can be adjusted to the support and comfort “your body” needs.