Medical malpractice can take place in any healthcare facility by the medical personnel such as doctors or healthcare providers, nurses, hospital staffs, surgeons etc. If a death or injury occurs as a result of negligence, or other liability, the surviving dependents or beneficiaries are entitled to monetary damages. Even after receiving adequate information from patients, there is an increased rate of incorrect diagnosis being made by the medical professionals which ultimately results in personal injury or death.
The best way to file a medical malpractice claims is to consult with an attorney that focuses in this claim. It’s estimated that about half of all people in the United States are currently taking at least one prescription medication and thus the use of prescription medications is increasing. Instead of restoring or maintaining the health; these medication can even cause harm or even result in death. Anthony Ifediba understands the effect defective drugs have on families and loved ones and thus he provides thorough, aggressive representation for the clients.
Listed below are some of the conditions in which individuals can take legal action as a result of suspected harm caused by medication:
- In certain times, the drug companies voluntarily recall the medication as they know that a defective drug has been produced. Doctors are made aware of recalls; however, in case still if the declared defective drug is administered to the patient and if it causes harm or death a lawsuit can be filed.
- Several drugs are there that result in severe side effects in the patients without being recalled by the Food and Drug Administration or FDA. In this case a lawsuit can be filed.
- If an individual dies because of a defective medication, the other family members can file a wrongful death lawsuit. Here, the main aim is to hold the drug manufacturer liable for the unfortunate death, get compensation for the family and prevent other people from experiencing the same destiny.
By hiring an attorney like Anthony Ifediba one can get compensated for the following things:
- Pain and Suffering
- Medical Expenses
- Special health Care Assistance Devices and Equipment
- Loss of Wages
- Care and Assistance in the home
- Travel expenses
- Punitive Damages
The health care provider’s insurance company may attempt to compensate the family of the victim with the least amount possible. Therefore, it is always better to consult with an attorney that focuses in malpractice as he/she will help in getting the justice. An experienced lawyer can help in getting compensation within a stipulated time frame.
Anthony Ifediba is a highly respected name in this industry with over fourteen years of experience. He understands the issues faced by the common people and fights cases on behalf of the clients in order to get justice. Ifediba and his group at Ifediba Law Group LLC understand the suffering and problems that the people go through after filing in a legal suit. This is why he provides free consultation to the client regarding defective drug case.