Moving to London isn’t an easy task. It is suggested that you gather as much information as you can, so that you do not fall prey to any scam. You can either surf online or contact your friends and family who are already settled in London to find out more about the city.
Here are few valuable tips that help in moving to London:
- The first thing to consider is where you will stay before you get your own home. Staying in hotels will be costly, hence you need to find either an affordable guest house or stay with your friends. You can even try to share the living space with other people to reduce the rent cost. However, before you move in with new flat mates or room partners, it will be helpful to know more about them.
- If you have decided to share the room with the other person, then make sure to have the agreement for sharing the rent and energy bills in advance.
- Arriving in the winter or autumn season will be the best as tourists crowd the place mostly in summer and you don’t have to experience London’s drizzly days.
- You need to pack warm garments. Even if the climate is stated to be warm in London, for outsiders it will be cool especially in the night hours.
- While buying necessities for your room, buy from second hand stores as they are cheap as well as you can sell the items when you move to the new dwelling of yours.
- It will be helpful to travel in the local transport. Traveling in private transport or renting vehicles will add to the expense. If you are going to need transport frequently, it is best to have passes of underground rail called ‘Tube’ and the buses.
- Know the place well before you start traveling in London. You can buy local guide map or use search engines in your android phone to get familiar with the route.
- Stay away from crime. Although London is a safe city, it is still advised not to carry valuable items while walking on the street.
- Know the cost of living in the city before embarking on enjoying the fantasies the city has to offer for tourists.
Be realistic like any other populous city, London has its own drawbacks and advantages too. Try to lead a simple life style, know your surroundings and get adjusted first in your work place. To live in London will be a great pleasant experience of your lifetime, if you follow certain things that is put forth by experienced travelers and Londoners.
You can know more about the city dwelling secrets by reading the blogs of people recently shifted to London. For safe shifting of your home load contact Crispins Removals and Storage London well in advance to avail reasonable charges. Last moment bookings will be expensive and the packing will be done hurriedly paving chances of breaking things. Thus, be careful while moving to the beautiful city.