Animal transportation is a leading transportation industry in Australia. With so many people wanting to get their animals transported and the companies requiring their animals to be shipped to their destination, animal transportation business have become very important in the overall transportation industry. However, without a thorough research and documentation, transporting your animal is not possible. While choosing animal transportation services, there are certain factors that you need to know before sending your animal with a stranger to another location. Beware of the individuals who are looking for a way to pay for the trip across several countries by advertising that they transport animals.
- Before hiring animal transportation services you should know in advance about how many years they are into transporting animals. If they are not doing it for long, you need to reconsider a company having more experience.
- If a company has been transporting animals, they should posses a necessary license. Professional animal transport companies should be licensed by USDA as a carrier, dealer or intermediate handler. You can ask for their license and carefully check to see whether it is legitimate.
- When it comes to selecting right animal transportation services. You just need to do a little homework so that your animals can be transported without any stress.
- You can ask them if they have any specific procedures and policies that they follow. Try to find out more information and always be sure that they have insurance policies. Animal transportation services provide minimum amount of insurance. Usually it’s six hundred dollars. Transportation insurance of animals should cover injury, loss or death of your animal during the trip. Usually, insurance does not cover death or illness during transportation.
- Next, you will have to find out whether they also have stops on their way. Basic, thing in this is to check whether the services are. More questions you ask, you will come to know more about the company. Make sure to find out if they can give you references. Check the references and be sure that they have good reputation.
- What will happen if they stay overnight somewhere? How will they take care of your animal? See whether they take your animal inside or leave it outside overnight.
- You need to choose proper quality shipping container for animals. The shipping container needs to be rigid and solid, resistant to any damages that could occur during the transit. You can also get custom shipping crates for animals from the renowned companies that specialize in building custom transport crates. You can browse through the net for people selling custom transport containers for animals. The most important issue is non-communication. You need to communicate with the shipping company if you want your animals to arrive safely at its location because many pets can get shipped to another location and could stay unfed for long hours.
- You need to inform your shipping company if your animal suffers any illness or if your animal requires any special food or treatment while traveling. If your animal has allergic reactions or if you are worried about it falling sick due to the sedatives, then you should not sedate your animal.
- You should speak to the shipping company about the required documentation. Documents like proof of ownership and proof of past vaccinations are needed for all companies. If you own a rare animal breed or if you want to ship animals that are considered to be on the verge extinction, you need additional documentation. Without the correct documentation, it is not legal to get your animal transported.
- Before trusting a company for animal transporting services, make sure they have accreditations, knowledge and experience to safely transport your animal.
If you want to take care of the pets with providing a comfortable caring environment then please reach with us now and get the best Animal Transportation Services safely without delay.