These days our society is saturated with viral videos, memes, celebrity gossip, and reality television. But where in this bizarre post modern cocktail is there the space to get in touch with your spiritual side. It seems that aside from the pervasive effect of the yoga movement, there is very little discussion or concern with spiritual connection. In fact, some yoga studios even tout the fact that they ignore spirituality completely in their classes. As the developed world has become more and more secular, it seems as though society at large has rejected spirituality altogether. But you don’t have to be religious in order to be spiritual. You just have to develop a personal practice that works for you. So how does one live a more spiritual life? Here are five ways to lead a more spiritually centered life.
- Set a schedule for yourself – just having a more structured life can allow for more spirituality. With all of the things that you need to complete each day, adding a spiritual practice can easily go by the wayside. For most people, at the end of a long, stressful day, the remote control, the game controller, or the local bar seem like the best options for decompressing. However, these pastimes only distract us from our stresses in life, rather than relieve them. If you want to truly make progress, you need to set aside time for finding your joy in ways that don’t involve vices or distractions.
- Make sure that you meditate – if you meditate on a daily basis, you will begin to feel much more balanced and grounded. Meditating is one of the best ways to truly put your mind at ease and calm your nerves. There are lots of different ways that you can meditate, and you don’t need to meditate for that long to feel the effects. Even ten minutes per day will make a huge difference in your life.
- Learn about other religions – you don’t need to be religious to become more spiritual, but learning about other religions will bring you much closer to a sense of spirituality. You will learn about all kinds of practices that seem strange and pointless, but you will also learn about many different practices that make a lot of sense to you, and these practices may be the catalyst for wonderful changes in your life.
- Visit a seer – when it comes down to it, you could visit the Oranum Spiritual Community, which has spiritual people on board that can help answer any of your questions. Becoming more spiritual is all about asking questions. You may not get a lot of answers, but the important thing is that you are constantly led to increasingly thought-provoking questions.
- Allow yourself to open up – many people have trouble becoming more spiritual because they close up and don’t allow themselves to learn about the world. When it comes down to it, becoming more spiritual and leading a more spiritual life is all about being receptive.