An individual calls dentist first whenever they got dental emergency. Dental emergency can happen anywhere and anytime. There are a lot of dental emergency that can be avoided simply by visiting dentist regularly. Only a dentist can ensure an individual that their teeth are strong, healthy and free from decay. For dental emergency care in Brooklyn, Dr. Umanoff is available in sheephead bay to treat various dental emergency such as,
Toothache can cause throbbing pain, which is impossible to soothe without dental treatment. Toothache is prevented by practicing oral hygiene, regular brushing with fluoride toothpaste, dental flossing daily, but sometimes toothache can create severe pain and swelling around the tooth. Toothache is the most common reason why an individual visit dentist.
- Tooth decay is the main cause of toothache.
- Abscessed tooth can also create toothache.
- Infection in the gum.
- Toothache can be due to grinding teeth and chewing gum.
- Tooth fracture can cause toothache.
- When a filling is damaged toothache can occur.
Symptoms of Toothache
- Severe pain.
- Headache or fever.
An individual should seek doctor immediately,
- If there is a severe pain in the tooth.
- If a toothache lasts longer than one or two days.
Endodontic is also known as root canal. Root canal is used to save and repair infected and decayed tooth. Without root canal the surrounding tissue of the tooth can be infected therefore root canal is essential for decayed tooth. In root canal inner tooth is cleaned and pulp and nerve is removed. The tooth nerve provides sensation of hot and cold. Tooth nerve is not vital to tooth function and tooth health.
When a tooth pulp is damaged the bacteria and infection is caused in the tooth, which is also known as abscessed tooth.
- Tenderness and swelling around tooth.
- Severe toothache pain when chewing food.
- Toothache and tooth sensitivity to heat or cold temperatures.
- Discoloration of the tooth.
Causes of Root Canal
- The most Common cause of root canal is tooth fracture and tooth decay.
- Metal filling can cause root canal.
- Trauma can also cause root canal.
Dentures are used to fill the space of missing tooth. There are two types of dentures: complete dentures and partial dentures. Complete dentures are used when there is no tooth left and partial dentures are used when some of the tooth remains.
Dentures are broken due to which the emergency is caused. Most of the time when the dentures are damaged an individual have many issue like chewing food and speaking.
- Dental abscesses
The most common dental emergency is dental abscesses. Dental abscesses occur when there is a dental infection.
- Wisdom tooth
Wisdom tooth can be a severe pain. Wisdom tooth comes between the age of 17 and 25. Wisdom tooth can be removed by the dentist through dental surgery.
Charles is a Sheepshead Bay dentist and health advisor at many online websites.