Cranes are very tall and large sized machines that can lift and transport bulky objects through calibrated movement of projecting arms and beams. They are also known as winches, derricks, hoists, davits, lifting gears, and tackles. Gantry cranes are huge and movable equipment for indoor and outdoor load lifting and transport. The popular products are called portal or overhead cranes, and the experts in engineering materials vouch for their flexibility, safety, long lifetime, and a whole host of versatile features. These loading and moving machines are an excellent option for companies that are interested in low cost, high value hoists for heavy goods.
Gantry cranes are used to lift heavy and bulky objects:
Various industrial units such as mechanical manufacturers, power generation plants, water treatment centers, and HVAC and metal fabrication facilities depend on heavy lifting machines. The low-priced gantry cranes are the best solution for such transport and storage warehouses, and there is no shortage of choices either for the discerning customers. The loading, lifting, and moving operations can be controlled for safety and configuration for speed to increase business productivity.
Types of Portal Equipment
Portal machines have indoor and outdoor applications and they are known by different names with variable components that can be adjusted for maximum benefit. The most experienced technicians and mechanical experts install and test the small and large sized gantry cranes for movement of heavy loads. The professional grade, industrial strength products are available in different styles such as single leg, single girder, double girder, double leg, and cantilever.
Some of the popular applications and configurations of the best-selling gantry cranes are listed here to indicate their versatility and range of services-
- The configuration made of single leg, double girder, and pass through cantilever can facilitate smooth hoisting over large sized walls. Enclosed cab controls are employed to perform all the crane functions in a safe and secure fashion.
- Ship manufacturers prefer a series of gantry systems that are configured for different heights and separated by reasonable distances to transport or lift heavy parts.
- A combination of double leg gantry and torsion box girder is utilized in the assembly section of the steel corporations.
- Power plants depend on a complex configuration of double trolleys, bridge drives, walkways, torsion mounted and engineered hoists to install and operate the turbines.
Benefits of Gantry Systems
Although they are not large and permanent systems, the manufacturing and production units of many industries depend on the overhead systems for economic benefits. The gantry cranes are powerful and easily maneuverable hoisting machines and they deliver the following benefits at reasonable rates –
- Comprehensive mobility is undoubtedly the major strength of this loading system as it can be moved from one workstation to another without any damage.
- The flexible hoist had adjustable spans and treads, while the height can also be calibrated to facilitate easy access of loaded materials through doorway obstacles.
- The fixed path and single leg options along with the wall mounted beams can ensure faster transport and simpler lifting solutions.
The components of the gantry cranes can be customized according to their mass utility in industrial sectors:
- The versatile gantries are easily assembled and customized, and they collaborate well with power drive kits and multiple wheel options.
- They are the best replacement for overhead runways as they assure much greater bridge weight at lower cost.
- The features such as enclosed and air-conditioned cabs, multiple or rotating hammerhead hoists are suitable for large scale outdoor operations.
- Cleanliness and accuracy are guaranteed as gantry cranes assure controlled mobility and precise load positioning.
Sturdy and long-lasting gantry cranes are used for multiple purposes, and with the right kind of mobility, they can ensure a fine finishing in most industrial works.